SICURA Jet SUV2
High Performance single-pass UV-curable inkjet inks for drop-on-demand printing.
The SICURA Jet SUV2 product line is an UV- curable and pigment-based ink set designed for industrial inkjet printing on multiple applications, including decorative printing, direct-to-shape printing, coding & marking, packaging and label printing.
The standard set includes cyan, magenta, yellow, black (CMYK), white and flushing solution. It is targeted for both large width full color printing and single color coding & marking. Additional colors tailored to extend the color gamut (e.g. OGV) and spot colors are available upon request.
The SICURA Jet SUV2 has been developed for single-pass, piezo, drop-on-demand industrial inkjet printing at high resolution using printheads from Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Seiko, Toshiba or Xaar. The inks are able to generate low droplet volumes at high frequencies.
This inkjet series can be used for printing on rigid as well as thin and flexible or in direct- to-object printing projects.
The SICURA Jet SUV2 is designed for extremely good adhesion on many types of substrates including in the first place paper, coated paper, primered paper and cartons, but also printing on plastic labels or foils (e.g. PP, PVC, PS) and aluminum based substrates is possible. For many of these substrates pre-treatments (corona, plasma or flame) will have a positive effect on the adhesion of the ink.
This ink series can be customized and adapted to end-user applications. If needed, Siegwerk can tailor ink properties (e.g. viscosity & adhesion), film properties (e.g. color gamut & fastness) and even address further special customer requirements. Depending on the application, Siegwerk can also advise on suitable primers or overprint varnishes (OPV’s).
Field of use
The SICURA Jet SUV2 ink set is designed for single-pass inkjet printing with piezo drop-on- demand printheads including printheads from Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Seiko, Toshiba or Xaar which require regular viscosity inks. It is NOT recommended for thermal inkjet, continuous inkjet of any kind or any other print technology systems. In any case of uncertainty, please contact our application technology experts via [email protected].
Inks formulated for high performance piezo drop-on-demand printheads requiring regular ink viscosity. Well suited for high resolution jetting at high frequencies. Good storage stability.
Dried film performance
Excellent adhesion and flexibility on a broad range of substrates. Suitable for large width full color printing as well as for coding & marking application.
Inks are based on safe pigments with high lightfastness. Prints show vivid colors with high contrast. The SICURA Jet SUV2 CMYK ink set enables a wide gamut, expanded further with the inclusion of Orange, Green and Violet.
Long ink shelf life (18 months from production date)
- Single-pass wet-in-wet printing or printing using intercolor pinning
- High curing speed with bulbs and/or UV LED
- Ink series allow for prints with vivid colors, sharpness as well as high color strength and
- contrast. Good barcode / QR-code readability of black
- White ink for printing on colored / transparent substrates; overprinting with CMYK inks
- Printing on a broad range of paper-based materials as well as other types of materials
- Ink parameters suited for jetting with industrial piezo print heads requiring regular
- viscosity range
- Very good storage stability, long shelf life
- Good jetting reliability and low print head maintenance need
- Suited for binary print mode (including large drop size) and grayscale printing
Note: the print conditions depend upon the choice of substrate, print mode, print resolution, print speed, printhead, throwing distance, etc.
Shelf life & storage conditions
- Shelf life is 18 months from production date when stored under recommended condition o Storage properly closed in Siegwerk bottles/cans
- Temperature control between 4 °C – 23 °C (39 °F – 73 °F)
- No direct sun light
- Not close to heating elements and UV-light containing radiation sources
- Product should be homogenized before usage
- Before filling the SICURA Jet SUV2 in new ink systems, rigorously flushing is
- Siegwerk products should not be mixed with any other ink products, used together with
- any non SICURA Jet flush or get diluted
- It is advisable to turn over the inventory according to the delivery date (first in – first out)
We recommend our SICURA Jet flush as a cleaning solution. Depending on substrate, printing conditions, drying and final application, a UV-curable primer and/or overprint varnish (OPV) may improve the final printing result. Please consult with our sales team for specific recommendations.
We are glad to inform you in detail or answer any questions you have. Just leave us a message informing us about the topic, so we can choose a consultant suiting to your needs.