Colors are passion, emotions and personality. At Siegwerk, inks and coatings are our specialty and we use color to bring the packaging and products of our customers to life.
Inks & Coatings
Ink solutions facilitating alternative waste stream
Plastic waste is a global concern, and solutions are needed to avoid plastic packaging ending up in the environment, especially when effective recycling streams are unavailable. There is high interest in compostable and biodegradable packaging. It is therefore also necessary to create ink solutions for biodegradable films, in order to create compostable packaging structures.
Ink solutions are required to cover typical fiber-based and bioplastic-based packaging materials like PLA and PBSA. Simultaneously, compliance to all food safety requirements and compatibility with standard printing technologies must be achieved.
- Approved range of solvent-based and water-based colored and white inks available
- OK Compost Industrial certification (EN 13432) to ensure a fast degradation
- Some inks itself remain not inherently compostable – so total ink coverage must be limited
- Solutions for surface printing or laminated structures available
- Dedicated solution for napkins and bread bags covering their specific product safety requirements