SICURA Jet G4 Whites
The SICURA Jet G4 White product line are UV-curable and pigment-based white inks designed for industrial inkjet printing on multiple flexible applications, including decorative printing, direct-to-shape printing, coding & marking, packaging and label printing.
The SICURA Jet G4 White set includes Whites for pre-printing to be over-printed with SICURA Jet G4 cyan, magenta, yellow, black (CMYK) as well as Whites for post-printing or Whites for printing large areas. The inks have a very high opacity and a neutral white color.
The SICURA Jet G4 Whites have been developed for single-pass, piezo, drop-on-demand industrial inkjet printing at high resolution using printheads from Kyocera, Fuji Samba, Epson or Ricoh (MH5220).
These inks can be used for printing on rigid as well as thin and flexible materials or in direct-to-object printing projects.
The SICURA Jet G4 Whites are designed for extremely good adhesion on many types of substrates including plastic labels or foils (e.g. PP, PVC, PS) and aluminum based substrates. For many of these substrates pre-treatments (corona, plasma or flame) will have a positive effect on the adhesion of the ink.
These inks can be customized and adapted to end-user applications. If needed, Siegwerk can tailor ink properties (e.g. viscosity & adhesion) and even address further special customer requirements. Depending on the application, Siegwerk can also advise on suitable primers or overprint varnishes (OPV’s).
Field of use
The SICURA Jet G4 Whites are designed for single-pass inkjet printing with piezo drop-on-demand printheads including printheads from Kyocera, Fuji Samba, Epson or Ricoh (MH5220) which require low viscosity inks. It is NOT recommended for thermal inkjet, continuous inkjet of any kind or any other print technology systems. In any case of uncertainty, please contact our application technology experts via [email protected].
Inks formulated for high performance piezo drop-on-demand printheads requiring low ink viscosity. Well suited for high resolution jetting at high frequencies. Good storage stability.
Dried film performance
Excellent adhesion and very high flexibility on a broad range of substrates. High scratch resistance.
Very high opacity even with single-pass printing and a neutral white color.
Long ink shelf life (12 months from production date).
- Single-pass wet-in-wet printing or printing using intercolor pinning
- High curing speed with bulbs and/or UV LED
- High opacity
- White ink for printing on colored / transparent substrates; overprinting with CMYK inks
- White ink for printing on top of CMYK inks
- Printing on a broad range of plastic materials as well as other types of materials
- Ink parameters suited for jetting with industrial piezo print heads requiring low viscosity range
- Very good storage stability, long shelf life
- Good jetting reliability and low print head maintenance need
- Suited for binary print mode (including large drop size)
Note: the print conditions depend upon the choice of substrate, print mode, print resolution, print speed, printhead, throwing distance, etc.
Shelf life & storage conditions
- Shelf life is 12 months from production date when stored under recommended condition
- Storage properly closed in Siegwerk bottles/cans
- Temperature control between 4 °C – 23 °C (39 °F – 73 °F)
- No direct sun light
- Not close to heating elements and UV-light containing radiation sources
- Product should be homogenized before usage
- Before filling the SICURA Jet G4 Whites in new ink systems, rigorously flushing is recommended
- Siegwerk products should not be mixed with any other ink products, used together with any non SICURA Jet G2 flush or get diluted
- It is advisable to turn over the inventory according to the delivery date (first in – first out)
We recommend our SICURA Jet G2 flush as a cleaning solution. Depending on substrate, printing conditions, drying and final application, a UV-curable primer and/or overprint varnish (OPV) may improve the final printing result. Please consult with our sales team for specific recommendations.
We are glad to inform you in detail or answer any questions you have. Just leave us a message informing us about the topic, so we can choose a consultant suiting to your needs.