SICURA Jet DP2 Primer
The SICURA Jet DP2 Primer is an UV-curable high performance jettable Primer solution designed for industrial inkjet printing on multiple applications, including decorative printing, direct-to-shape printing, packaging and label printing.
The SICURA Jet DP2 Primer has been developed for single-pass, piezo, drop-on-demand industrial inkjet printing at high resolution using printheads from Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Seiko, Toshiba or Xaar.
This Primer can be used for printing on rigid as well as thin and flexible materials or in direct-to-object printing projects.
The SICURA Jet DP2 Primer is designed to improve the adhesion and the spreading of the Siegwerk SICURA Jet DP2 inks on challenging substrates. The pinning and curing of both the primer and the inks have to be adjusted depending on the printing parameters.
This product can be customized and adapted to end-user applications. If needed, Siegwerk can tailor primer properties (e.g. viscosity & adhesion) and even address further special customer requirements. Depending on the application, Siegwerk can also advise on suitable overprint Varnishes (OPV’s).
Field of use
The SICURA Jet DP2 Primer is designed for single-pass inkjet printing with piezo drop-on-demand printheads including printheads from Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Seiko, Toshiba or Xaar which require regular viscosity inks/Primeres/primers. It is NOT recommended for thermal inkjet, continuous inkjet of any kind or any other print technology systems. In any case of uncertainty, please contact our application technology experts via [email protected].
The product is formulated for high performance piezo drop-on-demand printheads requiring regular ink viscosity. Well suited for high resolution jetting at high frequencies. Good storage stability.
Dried film performance
Excellent adhesion and flexibility on a broad range of substrates. Improves the laydown and spreading of Siegwerk inks, which are jetted on top of the product.
Safe to use
Secure formulation without hazardous substances (CMR) to ensure safe handling.
Long shelf life (12 months from production date).
- Single-pass wet-in-wet printing or printing using intercolor pinning
- High curing speed with bulbs and/or UV LED
- Printing on a broad range of plastic materials as well as other types of materials
- Product parameters suited for jetting with industrial piezo print heads requiring regularviscosity range
- Very good storage stability, long shelf life
- Good jetting reliability and low print head maintenance need
- Suited for binary print mode (including large drop size)
Note: the print conditions depend upon the choice of substrate, print mode, print resolution, print speed, printhead, throwing distance, etc.
Shelf life & storage conditions
- Shelf life is 12 months from production date when stored under recommended condition
- Storage properly closed in Siegwerk bottles/cans
- Temperature control between 4 °C – 23 °C (39 °F – 73 °F)
- No direct sun light
- Not close to heating elements and UV-light containing radiation sources
- Product should be homogenized before usage
- Before filling the SICURA Jet DP2 Primer in new ink systems, rigorously flushing isrecommended
- Siegwerk products should not be mixed with any other products, used together with anynon SICURA Jet flush or get diluted
- It is advisable to turn over the inventory according to the delivery date (first in – first out)
We recommend our SICURA Jet flush as a cleaning solution. Please consult with our sales team for further specific recommendations.
We are glad to inform you in detail or answer any questions you have. Just leave us a message informing us about the topic, so we can choose a consultant suiting to your needs.