Enable non-recyclable waste to work in existing recycling streams
The creation of packaging with increased recyclability (such as a 100% recyclable stand up pouch) necessitates the enabling of Surface Print on a monolayer PE stand up pouch to replace PET/PE laminates.
It was important that the packaging could be recycled within well-established PE recycling streams, and that while enabling recyclability, manufacturing efficiency & economy was still delivered through:
- lower material cost
- less conversion cost
- faster conversion process
Solutions would have to match reverse print performance by adding scratch resistant gloss or matt varnishes.
- Combining market proven ink systems with high performance 2K varnish solutions
- Friction optimized varnish with high thermal resistance compatible with fast packaging lines
- Outstanding scuff and scratch resistance to withstand rough transport conditions
- Optical appearance and tactile impression adjustable: gloss, mat, soft, rough – you decide!
- Inks for Gravure and also Flexo printing available for high speed printing of thin PE film
- PVC free inks for seamless recyclability within the given PE recycling stream