Corporate Social Responsibility
Responsibility as a family tradition
Thailand - Siegwerk Thailand team visits local SOS Children’s Village
Employees from Siegwerk Thailand visited the SOS Children’s Village in Bangpoo, Samutprakarn province, in Thailand. To support the children’s needs during the Coronavirus pandemic, Siegwerk donated cleaning equipment, hand sanitizer (alcohol gel) and the funds for adult and children’s masks. The total contribution was 275,000 THB (nearly 7,400 EUR) to support the children as follows:
Hygiene kit support
- A hygiene kit including masks, alcohol gel and cleaning product
- A first aid kit with general household medicines
- Financial support for medical costs not covered by the government’s standard insurance program
Online Educational support
- Internet access for online education and other virtual tools
- Materials for activities for SOS children at the village during school their vacation, the pandemic lockdown and quarantine.
Unconditional grant support
- The running costs for SOS children during the COVID-19 pandemic and any recovery required
Activities during the visit taught the children how to properly wash their hands to avoid the spread of COVID-19. By using colored finger paints, the kids learned the importance of proper hand washing with clean hands as the outcome.
All children received Seed Pencils which help to promote sustainability and Siegwerk’s Circular Economy approach. Once the children use their pencil, there are seeds at the end which they can plant and watch grow.