- wheat berries - 500 g
- water - 3 l
- poppy seeds - 50 g
- walnuts - 100 g
- raisins - ~80 g,
- to taste salt - ~ 4 g, to taste
1. Сarefully wash wheat in cold water three times, soak in 1 liter water for 5 hours (or for the night). Drain water, add 2 liters of fresh water, add salt and 1 tsp of sugar to taste, bring to boil. Reduce the fire to a minimum and cook it under a closed cover until the grains become soft (~ 30-40 min.). If necessary, add warm water if it is very boiling up. After cooking, drain water, and put the finished wheat into a deep dish, in which ingredients for Kutya/Sochivo will be mixed.
2. Add hot water to poppy seeds in a deep bowl and soak for 1 hour. Drain and strain through the gauze. Grind to a homogeneous whitish mass.
3. Add raisins to wheat in deep bowl and mix.
4. Finely cut nuts, mix with poppy seeds, add to other ingredients for Kutya/Sochivo.
5. In a glass (150 ml.) of warm water (~ 40C) put honey and mix. Add to the other ingredients of Kutya/Sochivo.