De-complexing packaging structures with printed solutions
In order to find a substitute for metalized board and foil stamping, inks for surface printing must be developed. Metallized film should also be replaced with lower cost printable alternative
Additionally, the replacement of foil stamping processes is needed to gain production speed and avoid cost and excess waste.
It’s imperative to retain optical performance for outstanding and attractive appearance at the point of sale.
As a circular economy solution, the recycling process must be optimized – this entails enabling the separation of metal ink from fibre within a common paper deinking process.
- “Mirror Tech” – creating brilliant metallic layers in various color shades
- Standard: Using a UV Primer to compensate rough board surfaces + solvent based metallic inks and varnishes
- Single Layer Technology (SLT): UV Premium Silver for premium board qualities + solvent based varnishes
- Use with typical print technologies, various tinted shades available
- Packaging cost saving and better recycling (validation ongoing)
- Broad variety in achievable brilliance allows cost effective metallic highlights for many packaging structures